CAN is a free thriving network of over 80 archive and heritage organisations across Cornwall. Joining CAN is a great way to receive peer and professional support, hear about funding and training opportunities, network with other people looking after archives and keep up to date with local, regional and national archive initiatives. The group includes everyone from well-established community and professional archives to new small digital archives, archives within other institutions and local heritage and history groups. To see who’s already part of the network, take a look at our CAN members map.
CAN activities and events
- Quarterly networking meetings at various member venues.
- A training programme including preservation and collections care, archive cataloguing and document types, online resources, oral history, digitisation, palaeography, income generation and disaster recovery.
- Individual organisation 1-2-1 training and advice sessions, either at your venue or at Kresen Kernow, or by email or phone.
- Email updates for news, training and funding opportunities.
- An online directory of members.
- Group visits for your volunteers/staff to see behind the scenes at Kresen Kernow.
- The CAN Quality Standard, a new scheme written especially for archives that are not eligible for the national Archives Accreditation scheme, but who want to show that they are managing their archives in the best way possible.