Join Vicki Aimers and create a beautiful and personal cloth book, inspired by scenes from your life.
If you love making alternative books, playing with words and enjoy collecting things, this is the workshop for you!
During the workshop, you will create a beautiful and personal cloth book using simple stitch and patching techniques, as a way to record special ‘scenes’ or memories of your life. You will experiment with image transfer to capture copies of your treasured photographs onto fabric, that can later be embellished and added to your book.
You will also have a go at creating stitched patches taking inspiration from decorative elements from your home to add to your book. All these techniques with your stories will create a unique record of your life; like scenes from a play.
Beginners welcome. Simple stitch techniques will be shown on the day.
Some materials personal to your story would be welcome for the workshop to make your artist book reflect your life and memories.
IMPORTANT: Please bring with you the following items for the workshop:
– old shirts (any colour or pattern or plain)
– special photos (we will photocopy these)
– trinkets/beads/buttons, lace/ribbons/trims (for embellishment)
– a few photos of decorative patterns from your home (you will use these to inspire embroidered patches to make on the day)
– a selection of your favourite coloured embroidery threads (4 skeins if possible)
– your own sewing kit (if possible but not essential)
Pre-booking is essential as spaces are limited. The workshop costs £10, which is payable on booking. Call 01209 614430 to book your place, during opening hours (Tues-Thurs, 9.30am-4pm).
Please note, refreshments will not be provided. The new Ginkgo café at Kresen Kernow will be open on the day (serving drinks, cakes, snacks and lunch items) or you are welcome to bring your own refreshments.