It is widely thought that the four manuscripts were connected to Glasney College, the holy seat of learning in Penryn that was dissolved by King Henry VIII. Clues including place names, names of scribes and religious affiliations all suggest a link.
(Image from The History of Glasney Collegiate Church: Cornwall, by Thurstan Peter, 1903)
Dhe gevren y poynt kevarwodhyow, y’ga mysk henwyn tyller, henwyn a skribys, ha kryjyansow.
(Imaj a ‘The History of Glasney Collegiate Church, Cornwall’ gans Thurstan Peter, 1903)